IsraPundit

WE'VE MOVED! IsraPundit has relocated to www.israpundit.com. Click here to go there now.
News and views on Israel, Zionism and the war on terrorism.

February 01, 2003

A true hero and martyr

Exactly 11 days ago I made a post about Ilan Ramon's emergence as a genuine
Israeli hero. Now, even in his death, Ilan Ramon has showed us the true meaning of martyrdom - as opposed to the utter falsehood that our neighbours make of this word.
He did not seek out death in pursuit of his dream, but bravely understood its possbility. Nor was his dream one of destruction and repression, rather one of progress and innovation for all of humanity. Now there is a cause worth dying for. As I wrote here (last paragraph), Ilan Ramon will be a name my children recognize as proof that they too can accomplish anything.

I feel like sending condolences to his family and friends, but I also feel like grieving myself.