IsraPundit

WE'VE MOVED! IsraPundit has relocated to www.israpundit.com. Click here to go there now.
News and views on Israel, Zionism and the war on terrorism.

February 06, 2003

I have to say this:

I just heard on the radio Geula Cohen, for whom I have the greatest respect (although at times she tends to be a bit too emotional for my taste). Geula is not religious, or, at least as far as I know, not an orthodox. She said: "I think that the ultra-orthodox,...are desecrating God's name [by their hatred of Zionism], and people like Lapid are desecrating God's name by their hatred of the Jewish religion". I could not agree more. The most important point, in my view, is: does Lapid hate the Jewish religion? I don't think so. If anyone can prove me wrong, I will withdraw all my support for him (not that my support is relevant at all right now, mind you).