IsraPundit

WE'VE MOVED! IsraPundit has relocated to www.israpundit.com. Click here to go there now.
News and views on Israel, Zionism and the war on terrorism.

January 20, 2003

Joseph Farah

In past articles, I have quoted repeatedly from Joseph Farah’s site, WorldNetDaily. Joseph Farah has maintained a strong pro-Israeli stance for as long as I can remember. An article about Joseph Farah has just been published at the Jewsweek site. The article, which should be read in its entirety, reports, inter alia:
Joseph Farah is an unexpected, yet welcomed ally of Israel.
...
But what makes Farah truly unique is his heritage. He is American. And Christian. And he's also an Arab.
...
He personally witnessed the hardships suffered by the Palestinian refugees and formed the viewpoint he holds today -- mainly that Arafat and his men are abusing their power and taking advantage of their citizens.

His findings triggered an "incredible journey" where he researched the Palestinian people and their situation, and came to the conclusion that most Palestinian propaganda about sovereignty is just that -- propaganda. He is also quick to point out that the only true Palestinian state is Jordan, formed around 1948 when Israel established independence.
I discovered Joseph Farah’s site in mid-2000, when I first began researching the Middle East conundrum. At the start of my journey of research, Farah’s site, together with works by other non-Jewish, non-Palestinian writers such as David Dolan and Col. Richard Meinertzhagen, had a great influence on the strong pro-Israel position that I eventually adopted. (Initially, I avoided both Jewish and Palestinian authors on the assumption that they would be too partial.) In this respect, I owe Joseph Farah a great debt and I am pleased that I can mention the Jewsweek article about him

Contributed by Joseph Alexander Norland. This piece is cross-posted on IsraPundit and Dawson Speaks.